Jane Burton Taylor
Jane Burton Taylor graduated from Sydney College of the Arts with a degree in Visual Arts, majoring in photography, in 1980. She subsequently travelled, wrote and photographed for publications such as Australian Gourmet Traveller, Harpers Bazaar, The Australian Way (Qantas), Australian Financial Review and Sydney Morning Herald.
Jane is currently studying for the degree of Master of Arts in Photo Media at the Sydney College of the Arts. She is also artist in residence at Primrose Park, Cammeray.
Jane’s work has been exhibited at numerous other venues including Customs House at Sydney’s Circular Quay, Latrobe Regional Gallery and the College of Fine Arts in Sydney.
Qui e Li, Here and There – a photo essay on the life and hometowns of Italian Australians was published in 2006. The book combined photographs from two of Jane’s exhibitions, Origini and Qui e Li, and was the culmination of two years of travel in Italy and Australia.
- 1999 Worlds Apart, Gallery East
- 2002 The Italians, Gallery East
- 2004 Origini - Hometowns of Italo-Australians, point light
- 2006 Qui e Li - Twelve Italian Australian Families, point light
- 2010 earth, Barometer Gallery
- 2014 Qui e Li - Galleria Nuvole, Palermo, Sicily
- 2001 emergence 5, point light
- 2002 emergence 6, point light
- 2003 arrival 2003, portfolio entitled At Play, point light